viernes, 1 de marzo de 2024

Subway

     The umbrella barely offers coverage when the rain combines with the wind, on top of that I have just enough time to get to the meeting, almost on the corner is the subway entrance. On rainy days the subway is usually very humid, but it is faster than the bus to get to the center.

    After going down the stairs, shaking and closing the umbrella, it is time to pass the card through the reader and cross the turnstile, like the rest of the people who were trying to get to the platform, while I go down the stairs I receive a message from my co-workers, We were all going to the same meeting, they seemed a little nervous, I continue going down the stairs while I read and respond to the messages, without paying much attention to the surroundings, an advantage of always taking the same route, you know it by heart. I get to the platform and walk while still absorbed in the cell phone, they really got dense with the messages, but everyone knows what they have to do and say, I think it's normal for people who participate in these meetings for the first time.

    The platform is a little hot, I take off my raincoat while I continue walking looking at the phone screen, it is really hot on the platform. I looked out of my cell phone to see if it was at the height I wanted and I was paralyzed.

    I was on a walkway made of smooth and shiny stone, the walls were also made of smooth stone, a creamy tone, the walkway seemed to go on forever, I could not see any signs of artificial lighting, however everything was perfectly illuminated, the air was hot, but dry , I turned around, but I didn't see anyone else, I remained motionless for a while without knowing what was happening, I called out and shouted "hello", but there was no echo.

    My nerves were starting to get the best of me, I look at the phone screen, hoping that there was a signal, everything seemed normal, messages continued to come in, I looked away from the screen and found myself back on the subway platform, perplexed I looked around me. expecting that people were looking at me strangely, but people acted normally, before I could do anything else the train arrived and the tide of people took me inside the car towards everyday life.

No hay comentarios: